Friday, May 17, 2013

Softly and Tenderly


Softly and tenderly
Softly and tenderly you speak to me
A still small voice  carries farther than the loudest cry
Cries of fear, failure, disappointment
Hot tears flood my eyes and cloud my vision of your glorious skies
The skies that prove that life does indeed go on,
For you stand outside of time, space and circumstance
With the same soft and tender voice
You  gently lift my forlorn spirit from its anguish and self inflicted pain
Lungs once filled with feathers now evenly expand and fill with life
Not my life, but a chance to live life outside myself.
Outside my insecurities, internal boundaries…they all crumple.
When I realized my whole life I was fighting for a fist full of air
A vain empty pursuit, now that I’ve met you.
You who fling sanguine sunsets over oceans.
Make mountains with a mere thought,
Dangle the moon above my worries and dazzle my heart with your stars.
The flowers  invite me to dance with them as they sway perfectly to the rhythm of your love
You are all I want. Help me remember that when you are all I need.
Softly tenderly love me for the rest of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment