Sunday, May 19, 2013

Wretched


Wretched creature that I am
Guided by emotions which deceive and enslave
Pure, organic desires turned dark and twisted
Remorse is a long lost friend
One who haunts and lingers when my desires run rampant
 I have distanced myself
He would not recognize me anymore
Ignoring his guilt, shame
I cover myself with my own remedy
One which heals at night, but diminishes at dawn
For what sin can light not hide?
Wretched creature that I am
Have I forgotten that the dawn reaches every crevice and crack in my soul?
Every unspoken word, silent thought
Oh, how I have missed you remorse!
But Please do not come alone, my soul is spacious
Bring conviction and change of heart
A heart which proclaims repentance
Beats of  forgiveness
Wretched creature that I am who can save?
But You Mighty one,
You exchange my wretchedness for worth
Oh, how have I found favor in the eyes of the one who made the skies?!
 how I love grace.
Grace to save the wretch like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment